Letter from the General Manager
Grand Colorado on Peak 8 is one month closer to opening! Everyone is getting more and more excited every day as we get closer to our grand opening, when we will welcome our first owners to their new home away from home. The Operations team is busy building operating budgets as well as creating a 30-year reserve budget for future replacements. I know it may sound odd to create a budget to replace items before the resort has even opened, but we are doing this to ensure that we build up reserve funds for the resort starting from day one. Having a reserve budget already in place will help us determine the HOA dues required to adequately fund our reserves. The GC8 management team is also working on hiring team members to help with everything that is needed to open the doors in December and operate the resort when it’s opened. Over the next two months, we will be hiring more than 35 new staff members, so this takes a lot of teamwork and planning from a variety of different departments within the BGV organization. We are very thankful to have a wonderful support team helping us get the resort ready for our valued owners! Of course, our construction team is working even harder building our beautiful resort. Below is an update from our construction team:
- Phase 1 – Waterproofing is complete on the pool deck.
- Phase 1- The stone veneer is complete on the north, south, and east sides.
- Phase 1 – The exterior sheathing, siding, and trim are complete for floors 2 through 5, Plaza (PL) and Terrace (TR).
- Phase 1 – Shower enclosures are being installed on floor 4.
- Phase 1 – Drywall texture and painting are complete on floors 2, 3, 4, PL, and TR.
- Phase 1 – Steel guardrails have been delivered and installed in south side units.
- Phase 1 – Tile for waterfall #3 is complete.
- Phase 1 – Pool coping stone is being installed in both indoor and outdoor pools.
- Phase 1 – Cabinets are being installed on floors PL and TR.
- Phase 1 – Doors, hardware, and prefinished trim are being installed on floors 2, 3, and 4.
- Phase 1 – The mechanical room is 95 percent complete; the boiler and chiller startup were completed in August.
- Phase 1 – The electrical room is 95 percent complete.
- Phase 1 – The pool mechanical room is 80 percent complete.
- Phase 1 – Telephone and data lines are being installed.
- Phase 1 – Owner ski lockers have been installed.
- Phase 1 – The concrete retaining wall at the arrival court is complete.
- Phase 1 – The sales center is textured and primed; installation of the grid ceiling will begin next week.
- Phase 2 – The units are framed for floors 2 through 4; fifth floor sales are in process.
- Phase 2 – Framing is complete for the first floor.
- Phase 2 – Electrical and mechanical rough-in is in process.
- Phase 2 – Drywall is being installed at demising walls.
- Phase 2 – Waterproofing of the exterior patio above the lobby is complete.
- Phase 3 – The steel structure is 100 percent complete.
- Phase 3 – The exterior wall framing work is complete.
- Phase 3 – The roof dry-in and deck waterproofing is underway.
General Manager, Grand Colorado on Peak 8