Construction Updates for December 2104 The Grand Colorado is becoming a reality! The future luxury resort at the base of Peak 8 is finally showing signs of tangible progress as constructions crews have been working on build the steel and concrete “skeleton” of the Grand Colorado. Construction has been ongoing at the Base of Peak 8 since the spring and is expected to continue throughout the winter.
Here is the latest info on the construction of The Grand Colorado on Peak 8:
- Concrete is 95% completed for the entire project.
- Concrete floors are installed through the 2nd floor of Phase 1 and work will continue on to the upper floors.
- Structural steel is completed through the 4th floor and will be finished by the end of December for Phase 1.
- Cranes will be moved around next week but one will remain to finish up the steel.
- Mechanical and electrical rough-in is ongoing on the Plaza and Terrace levels.
- Interior framing will begin January 1 on the 2nd floor and will continue through the winter.
- Fireproofing will begin the week of December 8 on the 1st and 2nd floor and will continue through the winter.
Stay tuned for more construction updates as progress continues!